Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Advice


Talking about advice, whenever I do something important, I always seek advice from my parents and my friends. In Vietnamese, we have a saying: " An outsider has a clearer mind". The truth is that most of the time, the advice I got prove to be useful. At the beginning, they make me think like I cannot rely on myself, for some of my decisions are based on what other people suggest. As time goes by, I realize that it is good to seek advice from everybody, at least for me. I'm the type of person who never thinks deeply before doing something. It's like I'm not patient enough to spend time thinking, thinking and thinking about the problem, like what is the best solution. Every time I struggle something, I always find the first solution coming to my mind, without considering its pros and cons, and end up getting stuck. Now that I got the lesson, whenever I do something important, I ask for my parent's and friend's advice before considering them with my own ideas.

On the contrary, I'm not good at giving advice. What I'm afraid the most is that when people tell me their problems and ask for advice. That's their biggest mistake. I'm a good listener, but I'm not a good adviser, especially romantic problems. I can share and console their emotional pain, but please don't ask me for advice, if you don't want to end up breaking up. Other than that, I can give some fairly so-so advice on other problems.

I read Wendy's and Sherry's posts.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha :D you're so funny !!!
    I would not be asking you about romantic problems.

    ReplyDelete