Monday, April 19, 2010

#14: Anticipating parent's objection

Dear Mom and Dad,

Up to now it's been 5 months since I left Vietnam. It seems like time goes by really fast here. For the past months, I made you worried a lot because everything here is completely strange to me, from the culture, life style to the people. I know that in Vietnam, I just needed to concentrate on studying, and left the rest to you. I admit that I'm not an active and outgoing person and it took me a long time to get used to the way of life here, but please believe in me.

Since I came here, I have experienced many things, both good and bad. I also learned a lot, sometimes it's bitter but it's all good for me now and then. I started to do things on my own and forgot the habit of relying on you. I'm already an adult and I'm responsible for what I say and do.

After all, everything works smoothly now. I know what I will study, I settle myself without asking for monthly allowance, I find life is enjoyable here if I do my best. I promise that I won't make you disappointed. Please take care of yourself. Hopefully, I'll see you during summer.

Quynh

No comments:

Post a Comment